The Foundation of Iowa's Swede Bend Settlement is dedicated to the preservation and documentation of the heritage, historical, and cultural aspects of those who settled in the greater Swede Bend area. We rely solely on monetary donations, in-kind donations, grants to fulfill our mission.
With the passing of co-founder, Ruby Hendrickson and director Carol Larson in 2020, our board of directors has evaluated needs and set strategic goals for the museum collection to ensure its future in Stratford.
- Transitioning paper documentation of museum holdings to a searchable, online catalog
- Properly archiving and storing objects, documents, photographs, maps in the collection
- Updating the exhibit gallery space with secure display cases to protect artifacts
- Building maintenance on our historic bank and post office building
Ways to Support
For just $20 annually, Friends receive complimentary admission to the museum, special events and workshops during the calendar year 2022.
Special donation sponsorships help us preserve and conserve more than 2,000 artifacts in our care and keep our historic bank and post office building maintained.
- Contributing Sponsor - $100
- Supporting Sponsor - $250
- Patron - $500
- Benefactor - $1,000
Sponsor a Bible
Sponsor one of the 50 bibles in our care. When you sponsor a Bible, the funds will be used to purchase an archival-quality box for the Bible to protect it from environmental factors, as well as cover the cost of any preservation or conservation needs, including binding repair, managing red rot, water damage and cleaning.
Volunteer at the museum, events or remotely! Fill out the volunteer interest form to get started.
The Foundation of Iowa's Swede Bend Settlement is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization. All donations are tax-deductible as allowed by law.