It takes a community to keep our history alive.
Your donation - whether it's cash, services or time - is essential to preserving and documenting the heritage, historical, and cultural aspects of those who settled in the greater Swede Bend area.
The Foundation of Iowa's Swede Bend Settlement is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization. All donations are tax-deductible as allowed by law.
Monetary donations help us keep the museum open, building maintained, preserve artifacts and more. Those who give $20 or more annually, receive complimentary admission to the museum, special events and workshops during the given calendar year.
Monetary donations can be given at the museum or mailed to:
819 Goldsmith St.
PO Box 132
Stratford, IA 50249
When you sponsor a Swede Bend Foundation initiative or event, name and/or logo recognition is given based on the type of sponsorship.
- Sponsor Internet Service and Wi-Fi for 1 Year - $240
- Sponsor a Bible
In-kind donations of supplies and services are always appreciated. We have current demand for the following supplies and services:
- Carpentry services to finish the moulding and trim in the research room.
- Carpentry work to create additional shelves in our collection storage vault.
- Carpentry work around the front window.
- Glass repair work on the front window.
- Window and door replacement and installation.
Our volunteer team helps keep the museum and research center active, open and available to the community. We have many volunteer roles - both onsite and remote. Fill out the volunteer interest form to get started.
Ways to Volunteer
- Serve on Board of Directors
- Serve on Advisory Council
- Staff the museum/research center
- Assist with building projects - carpentry, painting, misc repairs
- Assist at events
- Assist with event preparation
- Assist with genealogy/historical research
- Assist with collections care
- Assist with digitization projects
- Assist with digital cataloging
- And more!